We are now hiring new seamstresses!
Materials and machine are provided to complete alterations in the store and Buttons and Seams offers a flexible schedules.
Sew garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
Operate sewing equipment.
- Measure materials to mark reference points, cutting lines, or other indicators.
- Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Record required alterations and instructions on tags, and attach them to garments.
- Mark products, workpieces, or equipment with identifying information.
- Remove stitches from garments to be altered using rippers.
- Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Press garments, using hand irons or pressing machines.
- Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
- Adjust fabrics or other materials during garment production.
- Trim excess material from work-pieces.
- Develop, copy, or adapt designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Design templates or patterns.
- Position patterns of garment parts on fabric, and cut fabric along outlines, using scissors.
- Put in padding and shaping materials.